Snow tire season

Just mounted and installed my Hakkepeliita R2 SUV 235/70-16 tires onSprtrt-trac alloys on my '96 Ranger. I had the afternoon off and it wasn't raining, so I figured it was a good time.
Compared to the 225/70-16 Michelin summer titres, the wet traction is not as good, but better than with my old 215/70-15 Dunlop Graspics. Dry traction is also better than the Graspics, and marginally less than the Michelins.
I'm counting on a lot better snow traction with the larger Haks - and the graspics were pretty good.