So whats next for ford -- Dodge 300 / Charger

So the Dodge 300 & Charger seem to be a big hit. What is ford going ot come out with next... they flopped on the Lincoln LS, which i thought was a beautiful car, and finally this weekend had a chance to drive one
-- now want one more than i did before.
The Zephyr crossed blood lines over to lincoln... and doesn't appear to be much more than a hussied up fivehundred...
Maybe the Tornio will come back :)

Is that why Chysler car sales were down last month (but GM and Ford car sales were up). I think everyone who bought the "hemi" crap already bought one.

How can you call a car that they sold for seven years a failure? Why didn't you buy one? I imagine there are still a few brand new 2006's available. And I am sure there are plenty coming off lease in good condition. I see quite a few of them in my area. I think there are probably more of them around than you realize. The car is attractive, but not distinctive and tends to blend in to the background.

The MKZ (new name for the Zephyr) is based on the Fusion (which is based on the Mazda 6) and not the Five Hundred (which is based on a Volvo platform). Have you actually driven a MKZ? Why is it potential Lincoln owners whine that a Lincoln is a based on a Ford platform, while Lexus buyers gladly snap up thinly disguised Toyotas at outrageous prices? Or for that matter Acura owners buy thinly disguised Hondas? Or even Audi owners buying "hussied up" VWs?

Why not hold out for the Model T.
--
Regards,

Ed White
C. E. White wrote:

Oh you get me so wrong... i don't mean to get down on ford -- i own two of them! And probally will always own at least one or two!
I don't buy new cars, and when (shortly) I decide to get another New (lightly used) car i am going to look for an LS -- but they are so rare around here. I also didn't call the LS a failure.. i just said production ceased.
I just get sad when another rear wheel drive leaves. Based on the fusion eh.. well i didn't know that.
Hopefully it is more different than the B3000/4000 is frmo the ranger ;)

True. My neighbors brother bough the 300C Hemi and is surprised how poor his urban fuel mileage is. He says he expected 4 cyl economy, if he drove moderately. Some people just don't read or understand the details.
I think you mean Fusion/Milan, but the 07 does have the 3.5 V6. I have owned four Lincoln LS V8s. One of my cars is an 07 Zephyr. The Zephyr, while a nice car for the money, can not compare to the LS. I still own the 05 LS and keep it at my home in Key West. The LS was the best car Lincoln made in the past few years. As good or better than any of the numerous Lexus LS V8s I have owned, and 25K less expensive too boot
mike

How many homes and cars do you own? I've lost count!
Homes in PA, NC, Fl and Delaware. 07 Mustang GT convertible, 06 Zephyr, 05 LS, 83, Mark IV, 72 LTD Brougham Convertible, 71 Pinto, 64 Mustang V8 convertible, 41 Continental convertible ;)
mike

I'd think it'd be best to get back to basics when your losing so much money. F series, minivans, some sedan, mustang, when you can turn a profit again introduce the new model T.