solenoid stress

I have a '93 Tempo that wouldn't start. A friend showed me in was the solenoid so I changed it. It started fine but after I shut it off and tried to start it again, no dice. The next day I started it in the
morning, drove around the block and shut it off. It won't start again. Any suggestions?

not enough info!
HOW did he show you it was the solenoid?
If he rapped on it, OR jumped across it, that showed ME it might ALSO be Brushes in the starter.
you pay..DEAL with it!
He showed me by putting a screwdriver between the two bolts on his solenoid in his van. His started to turn over, mine didn't

battery terminal corrosion would also do that
you pay..DEAL with it!

14.4 instead of ~12.5v ) would do the trick to get mine started when it wouldn't, which was only after driving..cold it was fine, warm it would act like a dead battery, even though I had over 12v.. broke down and replaced the starter with a prayer, works great to this day..
If yours didn't start to turn over when the solenoid was shorted, it was a sure indication that the problem WASN'T the solenoid. The starter solenoid is a switch that does with a solenoid what you did with the screwdriver.
You either have a bad connection at the battery or starter, or the starter is bad.
CJB

IIIRC, you can see and touch the starter from under hood... if rapping it with heavy wrench causes it to start > bad starter brushes.
you pay..DEAL with it!