Source for plastic parts

Can anyone recommend souces for plastic exterior parts? Thanks.
Bob

Guv Bob wrote:

Try here:
http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx
They seem to have a pretty decent assortment of parts.
(Did you get your Probe headlight fixed?)
--
SC Tom

Thanks, SC. Yep, so simple I'm almost ashamed to talk about it. :OD Butt being a big mouth.... I removed the power steering reservoir (2 bolts), swung it up and out of the way, reached down and snapped the lever back on by hand. Took all of 5 minutes. Which gave me 55 minutes more to "try it out" by driving down to the local doughnut shop and reading the paper.
Thanks for the site - good one but didn't have what I was looking for - plastic lens for front parking lights, center front light.
Guv Bob wrote:

What vehicle is it for?
On a side note, I had a 1989 Probe GL. Man, I loved that car! Handled like a real sports car, and ran like a scalded dog, even without the turbo. It was in the family since new, and I was the second owner. At about 150K miles, it started nickel and diming me to death, so in 2000 I traded it in. Sometimes wish I had kept it as a play toy, though.
--
SC Tom

Actually a '90 Mitsubishi Eclipse - same as a Probe from what I hear. Was hoping Ford parts would be cheaper and easier to find. If they have the Ford emblem, so much the better! LOL!! This one runs great - just some minor cosmetic fix-ups needed. Has 120-140K -- something like that. Has less than 50K on rebuilt trans and head.
Guv Bob wrote:

I think the Probe was actually a Mazda. The maintenance man where I worked had an '89 Mazda that looked a lot like mine, and swore they were pretty much the same car.
A quick search turned up this:
http://www.mazda-mx6.info/history /
--
SC Tom

And the Eagle Talon was an Eclipse.
Another side note: I traded my Probe in on a new 2000 Eclipse GS. THAT was a sweet ride, too! Unfortunately, the worse my knee got, the harder it was to get in and out of it, and I traded it in on a new '02 Escape (another Mazda). I still have it, and really like it. I'll probably keep it for a few more years. -- SC Tom

Doh!! You are right! I checked my service manual and right on the front it calls out Plymouth Laser and Eagle Talon. Thanks!
Bob
Guv Bob wrote:

Not a problem :-) I thought something was amiss from the other post; my brother had a Talon, and I remember it looking like an older Eclipse, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together until now.
Good parts hunting! Any junk yards around that might have one in the back corner?
--
SC Tom

Yes, I'm checking junk yards but so far all are faded or yellowed. In fact, I went thru this before and wound upI removing the lenses, pouring sand, soap and water inside and shaking them good. Got good and clean with surprisingly little or no scratching. Tried without the sand but it wouldn't clean up good in the hard to get to corners.
Another part I'm looking for is both visor brackets - also plastic. Too much tension on the bar from the visors I'm sure. I broke one, then reached over to flip down the passenger side and it broke the same day! LOL!! Not original, but pretty easy to make replacements for these out of metal and more practical.
Enough about Eclipses in the FORD newsgroup!! :O)