spark

I posted this question about hard start when engine hot on my 94 Sable. While checking for spark when the problem occurs, I noticed that the spark - it comes back every time-
is white, never blue. Checked this today, when the car started with no problems every time, the spark was bright white. Is this an indication of something being off? Voltage lower than it should be? Maybe this hard start is somehow related to this.
Please comment.
Stan
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:20:17 -0400, "stig"

A bad ignition coil may become weak when it is hot. I don't know exactly what system your car has on it but, with the conditions you describe, I would go ahead and replace the ignition coil. In the case of a bad ignition module, they generally have no spark at all when the won't fire. I don't know
Lugnut

Since it's a gen II taurus.. it will have the TFI and standard coil.
Just for drill buy TFI removal tool from any parts store and check the lube on the back, whether it's on the dist or remote (follow the harness fron dist base, if remote)
If caky.. replace the tfi (about $50 from a parts store that mechanics use, like NAPA) and replace the coil while you're at it. about $25
If NOT caky, it probably isnt the problem UNLESS it's an aftermarket, in which case it probably IS! If it's ford or motorcraft, refresh the lube and change coil, which IS a commodity and will fail at some time, anyway