Speed Limiter - Cruse Control

Page 2 of 4

I agree entirely, but to follow the Law you would only overtake if it is safe to do so and without breaking any laws...
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Sure, but in the real world, you have the right to break a law if the consequences of obeying it are worse than the consequences of breaking it.
I.e. the police will only have you for this if you are doing it in a stupid way. Camera, yeah, they'll have you. And it doesn't hold on the motorway where you can sit there for ages overtaking and so forth. Naturally, cases of this sort tend to count if they get to court.
( snipped-for-privacy@forgotten.what.this.was.now) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What's the "consequences" of not overtaking?

If you accelerate hard it'll override it.
--
Rich P
Replace .invalid with .com to reply.

Mercedes (all of them?).
Had something like this on a 89 Cougar. You could set it and it would buzz if you went over. Never used it.....
Skyhawk

Every car with cruise. However, they all allow you to go faster if you press the accelerator. But will come back to the preset speed when you release it.
--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sex..just don't point!

Except when going down hill ;)
mike hunt
London SW

heck, even my mothers old '90 delta88 would apply the brake to maintain speed... amazes me it's not standard by now..
London SW

Dark1 wrote:

My 91 olds Custom Cruiser doesn't have this feature. For those of you in the UK, this is an "estate" that's about 19 feet long, weighs 4,400 pounds, three rows of seats. Great car.
Tony Wesley ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, no, no, that's not a "car". That's a house.

I find that hard to believe.
--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*

London SW

when the brake pedal sunk from under my foot going downhill I found it hard to believe too..lol

I wonder why GM didn't use a lower gear to "hold-back" speed on down hills like Chrysler does.
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:55:30 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

If I have the cruise on in my work truck with the tow/haul button pressed, the truck will downshift as necessary to keep setpoint speed. I doubt that very many other setups will do this, as you said.

Who made your work truck?
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:50:27 -0400, "James C. Reeves"

It is a Ford E-350 Van. V-10 with a 4 speed overdrive automatic.

On current Chrysler vehicles (since at least 1997) the auto tranny will downshift to a lower gear if speed increases 2-3MPH above the setpoint of the Cruise Control. RPM's jump way up when in a downhill "run-away" situation. That tends to keep downhill speed in check fairly well.

hijames, just wondering if you are related to the reeve family in wroxham norfolk??
banjo`s wrote:

thats a good way to save fuel......