Speedo cable

Hi im a college student and i need to fix this car fast if anyone could help me i need to take the instrument cluster out and i cant get the speedo cable off how do i gain access to this? I already have the dash
loose and all the plastic casings off. I can barley get my hand behind the cluster please help fast if you can.
tuffestbullrider wrote:

It would be *really* helpful if you would identify the car.
--
St. John
Maternity pay? Now every Tom, Dick and Harry will get pregnant.
tuffestbullrider wrote:

I had the same problem. I disconnected the speedo cable at the tranmission and pushed it a few inches through the firewall. This allowed the instrument cluster to pull out far enough to disconnect the cable at the rear. It's easier to do if you have a helper to push the cable through the firewall while you pull on the cluster.