Speedo cable

Hi im a college student and i need to fix this car fast if anyone could help me i need to take the instrument cluster out and i cant get the speedo cable off how do i gain access to this? I already have the dash loose and all the plastic casings off. I can barley get my hand behind the cluster please help fast if you can.

Reply to
tuffestbullrider

It would be *really* helpful if you would identify the car.

Reply to
St. John Smythe

dissconnect the cable from under the bonnet/hood and this will allow the cluster to come forward a bit more squeeze the white end of the cable and it now come off

im guessing its pre 1995 and from the UK

Reply to
ford_technical_

I had the same problem. I disconnected the speedo cable at the tranmission and pushed it a few inches through the firewall. This allowed the instrument cluster to pull out far enough to disconnect the cable at the rear. It's easier to do if you have a helper to push the cable through the firewall while you pull on the cluster.

Reply to
Fordfan