Speedometer

I have a 1995 ford taurus and the speedometer jumps all over the place mainly when at higher speeds. The speed doesnt seem to be correct either. I changed the speed sensor and nothing changed. Any ideas???

Reply to
Joe Zawacki

Joe Zawacki opined in news:tB%6d.10073$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com:

There's no speedo cable? I thought all 95's were still mechanical.

Does the Cruise work right?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It sounds very much like a problem I had with my 96 Windstar a few years ago. It started at higher speeds and eventually got worse and worse. They replaced the speedometer unit in the dashboard under the extended warrenty. Otherwise I think it was about $500.00. It was one of many known problems with the Windstar. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's your problem too.

==Tom==

p.s. In my case the cruise worked fine. It was a stripped gear or something in the works.

Reply to
Tom Duller