spindle for '90 tbird.

the last time my brakes were done, one of the bolts that hold the caliper to the spindle had to be replaced with a different one and force-threaded in..
being the hole is stripped... so now they need done again and I need a new spindle... except this doesn't apear to be a part that's listed at the regular auto parts stores.... unless it uses another name?? I realy don't want to get something so vital from a scrapyard.. but dealer prices would mean a trip into the river for this car as far as I'm concerned.. any leads to where i can relace it at a reasonable price?

You might not have a choice but to go to a junk yard. The dealer probably wont have it because the car is so old. You might try the heli-coil method too.
Shoe Salesman wrote:

Using Heli-coil to repair stripped thread is a fantastic way to safe money and work. We used to repair front spindles all the time on GM products. Buy two new retainer bolts for your brake caliper and also a Heli-coil kit. They come in all sizes. The kit consists of several inserts, the proper drill bit and a applicator. If you have a good drill, it's a piece of cake. Good luck. P.S. Heli-coil is available in all good autoparts supply stores.

Are you kidding? I would bet you would have as much chance of getting a defective one new as getting one from a reputable junkyard.
If the donor vehicle wasnt smacked on that side, it's safe as cake. And will cost you next to nothing. I bought a whole spindle, hub, good disk for under 35 for my 93. At one of the highest priced lots.
Otherwise heli-coil it, as rj says
It's the lower ball joints on the MN12 you have to worry about. If it squeaks on turning wheel replace it quick
Dark1 wrote:

go to wrecker. spindles usually dont wear out as there are no moving parts on them .. just make sure the axle shaft has no significant wear on the bearing locations.