Splashguard ? on 95 Escort Wagon

Underneath the front bumper of this car is what appears to be a plastic or fiber splashguard of some kind. It is presently starting to fall apart. What exactly is this piece of equipment ? Thanks

Reply to
LRESA500

There are two of them. One on each side of the radiator. Essentially they are splash (rocks, etc.) guard. I do not find maby good ones in the junk yard. Mine are fine I just replaced the screws with metric stainless steel screws M6-1.0-16MM available in bags of 5 at Loews and the speednut I don't have the part number with me but I found them at Pep Boys. The mounting hardware on mine was thouroughly rusted but the plastic should be just fine.

Reply to
Childfree Scott