Springs

My '83 grand marquis sedan has had a spring sag for a while, left side is noticably further down than the right of the car. Also, the back hangs down more than the front. I've thought about replacing the springs. Does anyone know of any particularly good brands/types of springs that would be good? I hear things about Constant rate and variable rate springs, and I'm pretty sure I know what that means as far as a spring goes.... but what effects will either have on the way the vehicle rides and such?

Thanks,

Nic

Reply to
Robotnik

Put in a set of Moog "cargo coils" they are variable rate springs with a good reputation. (they did have some breakage issues a year or so back, but they appear to have the problem solved)

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I agree. Moog makes good stuff.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Ditto - I've always used the Moog Cargo Coils on full-size Fords, with Monroe Gas-Matic or similar premium shocks.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1