Squeak while turning the steering wheel or pushing down driver's side on the front end.

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS.
It also has a wandering steering past about 50MPH... (tires are *NOT* balanced, a suicidal weight killed itself on the highway last week (it
was a rim-weight on my mags, it just flew off)
They are 225/60 R16 Michelin Symmetry
My guess (it's been around 20 years since my last RWD/Steering box, my 79 Tbird or 79 Celica GT Coupe) is something is either lose/shot in the steering box (Recirculating ball) or somewhere else in the steering linkage. It started doing those noises when it got colder outside, uphere in Quebec, Canada (Montreal) lubrication maybe?
My Mechanic at Canadian Tire told me linkage was fine when I had the aligment (sp?) checked last week (for that wandering problem)
I've noticed my EVO steering is *NOT* adaptive (should be, I've got the Handling package), My guess is it's either unplugged/shot/worn... I know P72 Crown Vics from that era munch on front-end parts for lunch, so I'm wondering *why* it's doing this... (suspension was changed about a year ago)
I'm not that sure I want to drive it to work on Monday... I don't want to either...
1- Die in a freak car crash 2- Damage my baby
I bought the car three weeks ago, I don't want to experience my Contour again...
I gave those guys 8000 CAD, it's my first *recent* car, I don't want to get screwed on it...
Starscream wrote:

Sounds like maybe a control arm bushing...
www.telstar-electronics.com
my 99 windstar, same tie rods? well from the factory had non greasable tie rod ends that where known to dry out. it would squeek when you push on the front end and when going over slow bumps. there was no control issues though. the motorcraft replacements now have a grease fitting.

Worst .. and highly possible... case
Ball Joint

you pay..DEAL with it!
How many miles on the car? If lower ball joints are original-non greaseable, insist on MOOG brand (around $75 each U.S.), not some cheap $25-35 ball joints such as at Autozone or Napa cheapline. Just installed them in my 94 CVPI myself--it was a snap. go to rockauto.com where they are around $55 each. Don't be surprised if a front stabilizer bar end joint is bad either.