Squeaky suspension on fiesta

I have a ford fiesta 1.25SI 1996 and basically when there is any movement on teh car from just sitting in it to actually driving the car squeaks and clunks. It has been like this for a while but seems to be more constant now. I think its the suspension but does anyone have any other thoughts?? If it is the suspension or some part of it does anyone know how much it will cost to get sorted coz its really embarrasing when there are passengers in the car? ?

Thanx

Reply to
Dove49 via CarKB.com

One possible I just corrected yesterday on my 65 Mustang with brand new front suspension parts. It suddenly began moaning and groaning and squeaking from the front left corner whether sitting still or driving, and while turning. And the front left didn't pass the bounce test. You could push down on the fender and it would stay where I stopped, groaning along the way. And if I lifted up from under the fender lip I got the same thing. A few squirts of grease into the zerks solved the problem. Could be you need a good lube...

Reply to
Spike

is noise from back or front ? most likely control arm bushings or similar ..... bast idea is to start taking stuff apart until you find it.... doo not oil or lube rubber bushings as the will disintegrate and its dangerous

Reply to
fireater

Purchase a can of silicone spray lube. )Safe for rubber and neoprene.) spray the moving parts (including rubber exhaust hangers pivot points)

Make sure that you have no broken or damaged suspension parts a broken sway bar may look complete, a worn shock tower bearing will make noise as will struts or even broken/worn motor/transmission mounts. As you can see there can be a plethora of sources for vehicular noises

Reply to
joe schmoe