Squealing Rear Brakes - 2001 Ford Focus

Hi all,

There is a squealing noise from my rear brakes that is getting on my nerves. The noise is not present at all times. It occurs only at low speeds just before the car comes to a complete stop. It also seems to me that the noise is more frequent when the car is still cold. The previous owner has serviced the rear brakes an year ago because of a similar problem.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? It seems to soon for the rear brakes to wear out in just one year.

Thanks for all your responses.

Konstantin

Reply to
Konstantin

disk or drum? If disk, that's what that awful blue gunk you put on back of pads is for.

Nothing to do with wear, usually.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Drum.

Will cleaning help or should I just suck it up and live with it.

Reply to
Konstantin

Backyard Mechanic

there is a TSB out about this, basicily its fitting a modified set of shoes ,ask at your dealer

Reply to
ford_technical_

Thanks for all responses. My dealer did not know about the TSB but I looked up some info on the Internet. I will check with other dealers.

Reply to
Konstantin