Squeek in 99 F150 4x4 front drivers side

My F150 has developed a squeek in the front drivers side. If I push on the front bumper of the truck it sounds like a squeeky bedspring. When I am riding
along there is a squeek that seems to happen with every little bump in the road or when I shift and there is upward pull on the front end. I thought it might just be from cold weather but it has warmed up a bit (above freezing) and the squeek is still there. The truck has just turned 90k. It sits a lot in the garage (I drive it on average once a week) and I live in the northeast so corrosion from salt may be a factor. Are there any problems this truck is prone to have that might cause this squeek?
I have done some further research on this and it seems the squeek is coming from the lowest most joint. I don't know what the termanology for this part is but it has a black plastic shroud with lots of little slots in it. It is not part of the steering. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.