Stabilizer Link/Taurus

If anyone knows their way around the suspension for a 93 Taurus, I am looking for some opinions, or ideas.
The front stabilizer link/bar is clunking pretty good. I noticed that the
rubber boots were shot on the link, so I replaced it, and the noise was gone. Not soon after, it started up again, different, and a big louder, and I assume the link is a cheap piece of junk, but the more I think about it, the more I don't understand what is really going on, as the link is just the bar, with the two "ball joints" at either end and it cannot make the kind of noise I am hearing.
Now I am looking at the stabilizer bar (or is it called the torsion bar?) that connects from the link, to the frame. Its solid, the bushings look fine, and I don't see any indication of excess wear around it.
I am presently driving the car without the stabilizer link. I don't find it any different in handling, or responsiveness, so I could be talked into leaving it off, lacking any driving around here on winding roads, or anything like that.
The link is such a wimpy thing, that I don't see how it can do much, and how it can be generating such a clunk. Seems reasonable to think its being connected is causing something else on the suspension to make the clunk, but I don't know what it could be.
Just throwing that out there in hopes that someone might have a clue, thought, idea, or opinion that might give me some insight
Much obliged for the bandwidth.
John
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

any viscous Goop leaking out. Or your front motor mount missing its only mount screw into the block.
Bob