steam in side my ford aerostar

after it warms up im get stem out my vent, is this my heating core an how do i fix it

Reply to
fordmandan

bwhahahahaha heater core time to unbolt dash and pull right side forward remove heater box

lmfao

aerostar lmfao what a POS if i were u i would scrap it

hurc ast

Reply to
kenny gee17253

thanks kenny but i only have 400 dollars in it an gets me around town no scrap yard yet!

Reply to
fordmandan

Likely a heater core. Does it smell sweet? do you lose any coolant? You may have plugged drain vents (rare but does happen).

Sweet smell, losing coolant = leak (somewhere). Mouldy fungus smell? check for drainage issues. Heater cores can be "fun" to change 1977 T-Bird I did years back took 17.5 hours (but it had aftermarket A/C)

Let us know first if it's antifreeze, then some in here with skill (not you know who) will give you useful tips.

If you're into saving money & won't be driving it past the summer you could just divert the heater line to bypass and leave the core empty.

Reply to
steve fun

yeah i lose collant, how do i check drain valve...thamk steve

Reply to
fordmandan

I think that's the best plan for an aerostar as the heater cores are so expensive. Mine runs so hot anyway that it does not need a heater, the vent gets the cabin very toasty.

Reply to
nospam