steam in side my ford aerostar

after it warms up im get stem out my vent, is this my heating core an how do i fix it

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:14:25 -0400, "fordmandan"

bwhahahahaha heater core time to unbolt dash and pull right side forward remove heater box
lmfao
aerostar lmfao what a POS if i were u i would scrap it
hurc ast
thanks kenny but i only have 400 dollars in it an gets me around town no scrap yard yet!
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:14:25 -0400, "fordmandan"

You may have plugged drain vents (rare but does happen).
Sweet smell, losing coolant = leak (somewhere). Mouldy fungus smell? check for drainage issues. Heater cores can be "fun" to change 1977 T-Bird I did years back took 17.5 hours (but it had aftermarket A/C)
Let us know first if it's antifreeze, then some in here with skill (not you know who) will give you useful tips.
If you're into saving money & won't be driving it past the summer you could just divert the heater line to bypass and leave the core empty.
yeah i lose collant, how do i check drain valve...thamk steve
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:22:04 -0400, in alt.autos.ford steve fun

I think that's the best plan for an aerostar as the heater cores are so expensive. Mine runs so hot anyway that it does not need a heater, the vent gets the cabin very toasty.