steering column Ranger?,help.

Hollanders Interchange Manual at your library will tell you what steering columns are bolt-ins. The shift may require a little work. Usually column shifters engage the tranny from the front, while floor mounts engage it from the rear. If you just bolt it together, your pattern will be reversed. I don't know what tranny you have, but on a C4 you have to drop the pan and valve body to be able to rotate the shaft that the shift linkage engages 180 degrees. Been there done that. If there is no interchange, it can still be done. It all depends on how much time and/or money you want to spend.

Reply to
max-income

I am looking for information, I have an older Ford Range Super Cab (87) that is in good shape, and I would like to keep for a while longer, it is a 2.9 v6 with auto on the floor,,, and tilt whell steering....... I hope that is enough input,,,,,,,,, what I would like to do is change the floor mounted auto matic stck shift moved to the column............... Did Ford make any Rangers with column auto shift????????. Anyone know if this can be done.?????? Appreciate any and all info. Could you 'post' the replies here on 'the group', my mail program is just full of spam, and I don't check it that ''''close'''' sooo my lose your reply. Thanks in advance. cl.

Reply to
kc5cqa