steering wheel vibration.. stumped

Hello,
I had factory steel wheels and factory tires on my Focus and I recently got a set of used OEM 16" alloy wheels and a set of new Fuzion tires
and now I'm getting a vibration like the wheels needs balancing. Vibration appeared right after the new setup.
Vibration becomes bothersome between 60-80 mph, but between 60-65 seems to be the resonance point. In the daylight, I could see the steering wheel vibrating at a relatively high frequency.
Having had done these, I'm not sure else I can do.
1. Wheels are OEM Ford from a different trim of the same model and they're hub-centric.
2. Spin balanced all four wheels, three times. Both readings are below 1/4oz for all four wheels.
3. ForceMatch and Road Force balanced on Hunter GSP9700. ForceMatched to <15 lbs. All wheels passed the test for wheel runouts in both radial and lateral.
4. Wheel bearings: No noticeable play.
Any idea what else?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't know much about "Force Matching" and "Road Force Balancing" and have considered them gimmicks until I learn that they are viable. I do know that you can't balance an egg. If a tire is out of round. it will ALWAYS vibrate. The amount of runout becomes more critical at higher speeds. At 80 mph, they need to be checked with a dial indicator. It's unreasonable to expect them to be perfectly smooth up through 80 mph, IMHO. The used wheels are another variable. At taose speeds, micrometer readings of runout may give you an idea of the problem.
lsrx101 wrote:

Hunter GSP9700 applies a pressure on the tire with a roller, then measure the variation in force between the axle and the road surface (simulated by the roller). If it was out of round, it would detect it.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't think so.....
I would highly recommend you just jack up one tire at a time and spin it by hand while watching it or using a stick between the tire and ground to see if it is round.
Putting pressure on it with a roller sure won't pick this up.
These 'technicians' these days only use computers to tell then what is wrong, they forget what their eyes are for.
Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id !15147590 (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)

magnum and styled wheels. I don't believe in the road force approach to wheel balancing. I have had several sets of wheels that check as out of round on the new machines ( cars had a vibration), took one the car to another old time tire dealer. the mechanic stripped the wheel weights and then used and old fashioned bubble balancer, to rebalance the wheels. he simply split the value of weight needed between the front and rear of the wheel, no more vibration! Now I send all of wheel customers to him and no problem since.