Stereo in 05 Ford Escape

I recently won one of these things and although it is fun to scoot around in, the stereo in it leaves a lot to be desired from a sound quality point
of view. It has a 6 cd changer and since it is hard to make really bad electronics these days, I thought I would start with a simple speaker replacement as an upgrade.
Does anyone know if there is a web site on how to do this? I am assuming that you have to yank door panels etc, and that there is not a pop off cover to get to them. I don't want to break anything in t he process, so any help appreciated!
TIA
http://www.carstereohelp.com/strford.htm
www.ford-trucks.com/
www.escape-central.com
it's called GOOGLE.. and it's great... even if you were too dumb to buy the stock.
:(

Thanks.
I had already tried google and I found information on replacements, but not how to actually remove the door panels and assemblies.
I also had found escape-central and posted there since again lots of information on head unit, speaker replacement etc recommendations, but not on the actual 'nuts and bolts' of changing it.
The other link you indicate I already found, but of course you undoubtedly know that it is a pay only information source.
I'm sure there are other resources that I will find or other Ford affectionados can point me towards.
cheers.
wrote

So.... let me get this straight... You've got a 'free' Escape (meaning you only have to fork out about 35% of sticker to keep it)
And you cant deal with a lousy eight bucks to see how to get the panels off correctly?
The directions of which are probably MUCH more detailed than you'd get in a book or from 'free advice'... and quicker to obtain?
I see why you picked that handle.
I think that site's a great idea.
<sigh> How and where I decide to spend my income has absolutely nothing to do with the question.
Thanks for the links.

That was free advice, price of the time I spent in the look-up!
What I NOW suggest is that you just get a freakin torx or phillips driver, a thin steel spatula and have at it.
Thanks - better choice than the blowtorch I had first selected. LOL

Point being 'penny-wise, pound foolish'
After screws from handle/armrest area are out, almost all door panels either pop out starting from bottom, then lift; or just lift.

FYI I istalled a set of infinity 8X6 reference speakers in the front. Very nice improvement, even with the stock head. I'll snag a pair for the rears as well. Worth the time to install them and it was worth the time to research door panel removal since I didn't break anything in the process! (& it turns out I did not need my blowtorch afterall).
thanks
wrote in message

Ebeneezer Geezer wrote:

www.crutchfield.com