Stiffening 2005 Ford Fivehundred Suspension

I would like to stiffen up the suspension of the 2005 Ford Five hundred for better hiway accident avoidence. Does anyone know of stiffer aftermarket
sway bars offered for this model?
Chris
Chris Goodman wrote:

myself laughing so hard.
Better shocks/struts should do the job.
mike hunt

Are you sure this is really needed? In the Consumer Reports avoidance maneuver test, the Five Hundred did 49.5 mph. A Mustang did 51.5. Not a lot of difference in my mind given how much larger, heavier and especially taller a Five Hundred is than a Mustang. A Toyota Avalon could only do 48 mph (and we know they are PERFECT).
I suspect you would be better off looking for better tires, and maybe running a slightly higher tire pressures. People often get sucked into buying stiffer shocks that ruin the ride and don't actually do anything measurable for performance (but they do feel sporty I suppose - feelings are often more important than reality). If you really want to spend a lot of money looking for small improvements, lowering the center of gravity by getting different springs is probably the best way to improve avoidance handling. I suspect the Freestyle has stiffer anti-roll bars, so you might look into buying a set of those. They should bolt right in with minimal effort.
I recommend if you think the ride is too mushy, go for higher performance tires and up the tire pressures. We have a Freestyle, and the Continental Tires on the car are just OK. I certainly don't consider them performance tires. If you are mostly trying to reduce the lean during hard cornering (which I have not noticed in the Freestyle by the way), then thicker anti-roll bars will help, but without some proper tuning you are just as likely to reduce your ultimate cornering power as to increase it. A Five Hundred is a tall vehicle and lean is a characteristic of taller vehicles. Anti-roll bars reduce lean by transferring additional load to the outside tire - which is already the more highly stressed tire in brisk cornering.
Ed
Ed, Thanks for your thoughtful response chris