Stop Leak recommendations

Have an 88 Ranger with a 2.9 Liter V6 that has an internal water leak that I have hade no success in determining where it is. For the time being I would like to try using "stop leak".
Any recommendations what product works best? Going through about a gallon of water per tank of gas!
Thanks,
Joe
I would try Bar's leak first and see if it helps.
For last gasp internal water leaks use Sodium Silicate and can be found at most drug stores. Unfortunately it will zap your water pump and thermostat. The system needs to be completely flushed out and the silicate must only be used in water.

Joe,
I found it necessary to just replace the head gaskets and not be aggravated with the engine for another 75k miles that I had my truck. Sodium silicate is just too damaging for my tastes. You will end up with replacing your water pump and that job sucks real bad on the 2.9 ranger.
Scott

Check the head gasket and the heater core. They maybe the culprits. In the store next to the stop leak should be a product with a dye marker to trace the leak. Bars leak is a good leak stopper. Is the thing overheating or blowing smoke?????