Straight Ahead 1993 Grand Marq

A transmission question, perhaps. I haven't got all the symptoms and variables worked out because I am not the primary driver but last night I drove the car a few blocks stopped it for five minutes and drove it home. On

3 occasions I used reverse without a problem but I never put on the parking brake. However there have been times when after the car has been driven hard for some 15 minutes or longer that reversing is almost impossible as if, indeed, the parking brake is on. Recently the car was left slightly nose down, parking brake on after having been driven for 20 minutes. Three hours later I watched my wife merrily get it to back up by revving the engine up to lunar launch speed. It was dark so I don't know if any parts blew off before she drove away. There are several locals who would gladly part me from my last $1300 to rebuild the transmission but I wonder if there is something else amiss here.
Reply to
Lz127