Strange noise help please???

hi new to this group, so please let me know if this is the wrong group for this post.
have a Fiesta, great little car, but has just got a noise problem.
driving around at 30 mph or less I could hear a tapping noise, first thought it was a wheel bearing as it was coming from the front OS tyre, when turning, but I went over some Cats Eyes, and it happened again, while going dead straight, and only lasted for a few seconds each time.
The noise only happens when I go over a bump, or Cats eyes, and only lasts for a few seconds. It does seam speed related as at slower speeds the tapping is further apart. Have tried the bearings an they all seam very sound.
I know its very difficult to help in this case as you cannot hear the noise first hand, but has anyone got any ideas on where to look, and what for??
Thanks for any who can offer help.
Cheers Vaughn
hiya,
is it a light tap or a heavier?
does it happen when you turn corners?
is it a stone inside the wheel trim or even the wheel trim itself?
what about the rattle pads behind the brake pads? does it stop if you apply the brakes gently?