strange oil leak on escort

I bought a 1989 ford escort gt with the 1.9 ho motor. I was told it had been over hauled, and it looked like it to. When the engine is running there is no oil leaking at all. But as soon as you shut it off, it leaks
a spot of oil about 2" round on the ground in about 10 min. and that is all it leaks. It looks like it is coming from between the engine and transmission. ( stick shift) I thought that if it was coming from the rear seal it would leak when the engine was running. I hope someone can point me in the right direction to find out how to fix Thank you Homie
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

is rotating and throwing it in all directions.. when you turn it off gravity takes the drip down...... maybe that is why you dont see any spots on the ground with the engine running??? not so strange when you think about it.....
Homie
Clean motor real good... run car on a rack or lift. use a bright flashlight to look for a leak around valve cover and intake manifold area...sometimes a leak will puddle in bell housing. While running the oil is sprayed by engine rotation and only shows up when the engine is off. A rear main usually leaks while motor is running. bob