Stripped wheel bolt on 97 Taurus

One of the lugs on the rear left wheel of my 97 Taurus is stripped all to shit. The car is 4 wheel disc brakes (gl series). Is it hard to change the
lug, or a pretty simple job? Any hints for what to look out for?
97 GL? Rear disk? Hmmmm. Anyway, no big deal. Remove the caliper, caliper mount, rotor. Then you can get to the stud. Beat it out with a hammer, pull the new one in with a lubed lug nut.

Perfect, that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure there wasn't any tricks to look out for..
Thanks!

Scott M wrote:

I've never owned a '97 GL without 4 wheel disc brakes. Do you have one?
Rob

yes, GL with the plain 12 valve 3.0L. Maybe its an option with the other engine...? And if it does have the other engine, is it still a GL? I dont know.....
Scott M wrote:

Then I'll bet you do not have a wagon. The wagons have 4 wheel discs.
Rob

Mine is a Vulcan 3.0, sedan, GL series, and 4 wheel disc brakes.
Teknical wrote:

Same here - Vulcan 3.0 GL, and 4 wheel disc brakes - except it's a wagon.
At some point later, I think on the Gen4 in 2000 model year, the 4 wheel discs became standard on, & only available on, all wagons.
Rob

nope, not a wagon.....
Use a hammer. This is a common issue with Ford stuff. Buy some extra lug bolts and keep some spares in the glove box.
--

Tom Line
tlineN0 snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com

Really! Is that recent or is the issue actually with bag-head minimum wage tire jockeys.
I have never ever had a Ford lug break or strip.