Stuck distributor

I'm trying to remove a distributor from a 1987 Tempo, and it won't budge. I removed the bolt/clamp thing obviously, but can't pull it up and out. Is this most likely corrosion around the base of the distributor? Any and all
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the help John

budge. I

all
The O-ring seal held my cleveland dissy in so tight I had to use a claw-hammer to gently lever the dissy out.
Jason
Jason James opined in

Dissy?!!! Damn I hate the influence of internet chat!
[op-ed] If one were, for some dumb-ass reason, to start using Mobil 1 in their engine.. one would find that this no longer occurred.
But of course that would be dumb.. dino oil is just as good if you change it every 50 miles. [/op-ed]
I concur on the solution... get it to twist freely. Big solid lever and pull out while tapping base of distributor.

Not true. Been there done that, large customer base from 30 years of working in the busness says not so.
Thomas Moats opined in

Then, obviously, "My Milage may vary"
I used a oil filter strap wrench on my 69 t-bird.Soaked the base with WD-40 the put the strap wrench on the base below where the cap sits.Remove cap first Terry
John Jacobs wrote:

Thanks for the replies and help guys...kept spraying wd-40 down around the base of the distributor..some tapping, let it sit..tug and twist .. repeat.. etc. etc.etc... and finally here it came!!Whew! Thanks again for the tips. John