Stuck distributor

I'm trying to remove a distributor from a 1987 Tempo, and it won't budge. I removed the bolt/clamp thing obviously, but can't pull it up and out. Is this most likely corrosion around the base of the distributor? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the help John

Reply to
John Jacobs

The O-ring seal held my cleveland dissy in so tight I had to use a claw-hammer to gently lever the dissy out.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Jason James opined in news:DU22b.59796$ snipped-for-privacy@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

Dissy?!!! Damn I hate the influence of internet chat!

[op-ed] If one were, for some dumb-ass reason, to start using Mobil 1 in their engine.. one would find that this no longer occurred.

But of course that would be dumb.. dino oil is just as good if you change it every 50 miles. [/op-ed]

I concur on the solution... get it to twist freely. Big solid lever and pull out while tapping base of distributor.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Not true. Been there done that, large customer base from 30 years of working in the busness says not so.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Thomas Moats opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Then, obviously, "My Milage may vary"

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Thunder Fish

Thanks for the replies and help guys...kept spraying wd-40 down around the base of the distributor..some tapping, let it sit..tug and twist .. repeat.. etc. etc.etc... and finally here it came!!Whew! Thanks again for the tips. John

Reply to
John Jacobs