Stupid question - Keyless entry

We have a 1999 Contour with electric door locks. I see that AutoZone has the keyless entry remotes for the Contour for about $50 (dealer is almost $200).
How do I determine if the Contour has the keyless entry system already installed? Not looking for any type of alarm, just the keyless entry.
Mom just bought a Toyota from my Aunt who bought it brand new (without the keyless entry). Mom went down to the Toyota dealer and bought a new remote and it works fine. Her car already had the system installed, so I am wondering about the Contour...
Thanks in advance... Chuck
C. Massey wrote:

I can't answer your questions but thought I'd share my experience with purchasing keyless remotes from eBay. I picked up 2 keyless remotes for a recent model Chevy for less than $25. (I see several vendors selling contour remotes right now - make sure you get new ones). Most of the vendors selling them are decent folks. YMMV. At $25 I might be inclined to buy them and follow the programming instructions the vendor provides (make sure they give you the programming instructions for free as part of the deal). If after all this your car doesn't work with them you can resell and recoup some of your investment. If they do work then you've got keyless entry for a song.
If you don't like the eBay route then Autozone may be willing to take them back if they don't work. It's always worth asking.
JP
--
JP White
mailto: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net