Stuttering Granada Ghia

Hi, I have a Granada 2.9ltr 4x4 1989, I love it to bits it seems to have a small problem that I hope someone in here can help me out with . It has developed a "stutter" This stutter occurs in all gears however clears
around two n a half thousand rpm I was advised by the AA man to change the distributer cap which I have done alas this has not made any difference.
Before I go ripping out and replacing all the electronic bits n bobs such as spark plugs and leads I thought Id check in here and see if anyone has had a similar problem and managed to fix it Thanks for your help in advance Bye bye Sandra
Hiya Sandra
is this happening when you floor it or just on a steady throttle?
pottsy

Hiya Pottsy, this is happening on a steady throttle

hiya Sandra,
three things to check at no cost,
there's an air valve on the side of the plenum chamber (the bit on top, with fins and the ford logo) these get full of oil and dirt and then stick and don't seat properly. remove it and clean it out.
there's a potentiometer on the side of the throttle valve, this tells the electronics how wide open the throttle is, these wear and the carbon tracks out and gives false readings. take the top off and clean it.
the air metering valves just after the air filter can stick, clean 'em.
good luck.
pottsy

Seems to me that replacing all those "electronic bits n bobs such as spark plugs and leads " would be a good idea. When was the last tune up?

i agree, plugs should be replaced regularly in accordance with service, and a new set of leads never hurt any engine. (except a diesel) a tune up sounds like a good idea, "stuttering" can be attributed to lots of things, so check your CO levels are ok, check the ignition timing, replace the rotor arm along with the distributor cap, a new air filter if the old one is dirty will help no end...as will a new fuel filter esspecially on these injected 2.9's once you have done all the "servicable" items can you start looking for faults if its still present.

Thanks for all your suggestions Im gonna replace bits and I hope that helps