Subject : Pictures Please - Ford 351 - Ford351C - Ford351W

Page 2 of 2

the M desigination always stood for a Modified 400. It is the same motor other than crank and pistons. KB
--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.
Kevin Bottorff wrote:

There would be no need to ever refer to the 400 as an "M". It was an engine unto itself. The 351M followed the 400 form.
"M" is an easy way to differentiate the last pushrod V-8 designed by Ford displacing 352 ci. from the 3 previous versions, & especially from the 351W that was in concurrent production.
If you tell me your '76 Marquis has a 400M, I'll know exactly what you have and I won't correct you.
Rob

You missunderstood. the "351M" stood for a modified 400 to get the 351ci. yes the 400 was all by itself no M. KB

--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.
clifto wrote:

No!
The 351M and 400 are both related to the 351C. The 351W is related to the 302.