suggestions for a stuck fuel pump

hi folks - here's the situation, got three ford products that have sit long enough that the in tank pump doesn't work. two mustangs and a towncar. last time, all of them started, now, when key is turned on,
no high pitch whirling sound and i traced power back to the tank.
they have been garaged and not been tampered with as in vandelized. short of replacing all the pumps, anybody got any ideas how to kick start these pumps again.
thanks,
~ curtis
knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional
c palmer opined in 2135.public.lawson.webtv.net:

That is very odd.
I can see ONE having that problem but all three at the same time.....what kind of gas do you use AND Just how long HAS it been?
Some have done it by smacking the bottom of tank with a board.