Sun Visors on 2000 Windstar

I am having a problem with the driver's side sun visor on my Windstar. It doesn't stay in place when I position it to block the sun. I am not able to find a way to tighten it. My mechanic said they are not
available at the dealer as a replacement part. I would like to find a used one and install it. I am not sure if I need a new visor or just a new mounting bracket. that will keep the visor snug when I reposition it. A related issue is that if I need to replace the visor I will need to match the color of the visor with the existing visor on the passenger side. I would be willing to buy a pair of them to achieve the match. If I am looking on line how can I tell if the color will match or at least come close to matching the existing interior. Is there anything in the VIN that I can compare with the replacement part that will tell me if I am close on the color match. I have never purchased any auto parts online. I live in a major metro area and have access to salvage yards but would prefer not to have to search from business to business in search of the parts. I have limited mechanical ability but would entertain ideas on a quick solution to make the visor usable again. I look forward to your thoughtful suggestions.
Has your mechanic actually tried to order a sunvisor from the dealer? An online dealer at least has them listed in their catalog. See:
http://tinyurl.com/yakc2fq (picture of roof trim, including sunvisors) http://tinyurl.com/ycqbflw (lighted versions - around $87) http://tinyurl.com/ydpml7t (unlighted version - $50 to $60)
I am sure one from a junk yard would be cheaper, but it is also likely to be on the verge of failing also. When the sunvisor in my Sister's Honda kept falling down, she just ripped it off. A cheap and effective solution :)
Ed