SURGE WITH A/C ON

I have an 02 Ranger, 4 cyl, 5 spd. The engine surges and stumbles when cruising with the air on, it's especially noticeable between 1800 - 2200 RPM.
I found a TSB that describes the symptoms (see below). Anyone suggestions? Does anyone know what's in this TSB?
Make : FORD Model : RANGER Year : 2002
Manufacturer : FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Service Bulletin Num : 16626 Date of Bulletin: FEB 01, 2003
NHTSA Item Number: 10002504
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE
begin 666 clip_image002.gif M1TE&.#EA% `!`'<`,2'^&E-O9G1W87)E.B!-:6-R;W-O9G0@3V9F:6-E`"'Y <! $`````+ `````!``$`@ ````$"`P("1 $`.P`` ` end
If you could post the Ford TSB number rather than the NHTSA number, it would be helpful.
FWIW, Ford TSBs are numbered in this format ##-##-##

I'll have to check this too. I have an 04, 4cyl 5 spd. and notice this also. It is kind of faint, not sure I'd worry about it much in my case. John
You're right, it is pretty faint and I've lived with it for a few years and I never felt it worth a trip to the dealer. I just noticed the TSB and thought it might yield a clue - besides, when I drive most other newer cars with the air on, it doesn't seem to affect driveability. This newsgroup is great for finding out litle things like this, I've solved many of my Rangers oddities this way (and the 91' Ranger I hade before this one). Like stuck parking brakes when wet, sticky door switches, knocking & pinging, clutch slave cylinder short lifespan, etc, etc.......