swap 2.3 for 4.0l

Can anyone give me some info on a 97 2.3 Ranger that I want to swap for a 4.0. I figure if I am getting 16-18 MPG on the 2.3 go for the power of a 4L. I am about to start the swap and have reading a lot on
the web(Ranger forums) most of them are for 2.9 to 4.0. I know the tranny is the same except the starter is on the opposite side.(that wont work) Which tranny can I use? I will change the radiator, intake, mounts, exhaust etc etc. If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate any advice.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ