Swapping parts with 1968 Mercury Cyclone

Ladies and Gents:
I am about to be the owner of a 1968 Mercury Cyclone Fastback and want to get started restoring it soon.
The production numbers on the Cyclone were fairly low, but I know that
it shared parts with the 1968 Ford Torino and possibly the 1968 Ford Galaxie 500.
Can anyone tell me how much in common parts-wise this car had with its same year siblings? How about earlier or later models?
For instance, if there's no rear bumper, am I stuck looking for another 68 Cyclone or would a 69 Torino be the same one?
I'm a newbie at this, so be gentle! :-)
Steve
Try the Ford Parts Interchange Manual!
http://www.themotorbookstore.com/ford-parts-interchange.html
b_totten(@)yahoo.com
On 17 Feb 2005 13:04:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Very rare item your restoring. Don't think I've ever seen one even at a car show. The Torino is its direct cousin so most items should be the same. The restoration parts outfits would have specifc details. Original stuff will be next to impossible to find for it though. Good luck ! :-)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

want
that
its
another
Congrats on getting a 68 Cyclone Fastback. I have had one about 6 years now and have done lots of research. The rear bumper is specific to the Cyclone Fastback, the torino has a different one. There are many parts that are the same as the torino and other fords, but some are Cyclone specific.
Drop me a line, I would like to hear more about your car.
Ryan.
www.cyclonegt.com