Sway bar for 1970 LTD off a 1984 Vic?

I was in my local salvage yard this past weekend and ran across a 1984 Crown Vic with the police package. It had a pretty heavy duty rear sway bar. I was wondering if this sway bar would bolt up to my 1970 Ford LTD? This car "rolls" on the turns. I was hoping if it would fit without too much modification it might be a cheer p handling improvement. They seem to have the same type of rear end.

Thoughts? Tommy

Tom S.

That is a "1987" Crown Vic. Not an 84.

Tommy

Tom S. wrote:

Reply to
Tom S.

Tom S. opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@erols.com:

It'll help but it has to be matched with the front sway bar and with shock rates to get the full benefit.

It's gonna affect handling... but could be tricky

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns93F16CD338D06BkMch6d@216.168.3.44:

The cars of that era had pretty wimpy sway bars. My '71 doesn't even have a rear sway bar.

The best solution is to get the sway bars (front and rear) from a station wagon of the same era. They will be heavier. That's what I did on my '69 and it was a great improvement.

Reply to
donutbandit (Leon)