Synthetic automotive antifreeze Question.

Anybody useing Synthetic automotive antifreeze in their truck? If so how's it working?

Reply to
Indianaradio

Indianaradio opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m26.aol.com:

Hmmm I dunno...

Are you talking about the Propylene Glycol that seems to be randomly destroying headgaskets and radiators?

PLease tell me WTF you would NEED synthetic antifreeze, anyway.

And does ethylene glycol occur in nature?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Well for one reson the pressure in the cooling system is +0- PSI No more leaks, replaceing water pumps, gaskets, hoses and from what I've found out so far the motor runs much cooler. Not to many people have even heard about it altho it's been around for several years. Mostly large fleets of trucks use it. Cost about $200 for a Ford E350. But if what I've been told it's worth it. Gee $200 in the middle of a vacation and a day's down time it's worth the up front expence. I want to find out all I can from someone that knows. Stay tuned.

Reply to
Indianaradio

Indianaradio opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m26.aol.com:

Well, since you put it THAT way!

Yep... the Zero Pressure thing WOULD make a real difference.

Did a search on web and Groups came up with nothing

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic