Synthetic Motor Oil?

Page 2 of 2

Actually, probably nobody realized the problem until it was too late.
And I bet the engineer would be more likely to cry about it than laugh about it.

That could happen anywhere, not just valvoline. Of course, the manager could fail to own up to it anywhere.
My neighbor is the manager at one of the places. I send the car with him. That way, I know for him to get it home, it has to be right. Besides, he is a good guy.
Jeff

Folks, the engine and chassis engineers probably never met. That 4.6/5.4 modular V-8 was designed for front-wheel drive applications, then was shoehorned into the RWD Panther platform on the '91-up Town Car and the '92-up C/V and GM. I can only imagine what the Panther and MN-12 chassis folks said when they learned what they were getting to replace their Windsor V-8s!
Rob * * *
Me thinks you have that a little wrong.

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:54:22 GMT, "Steve Stone"

Or the Ford dealer in Greer, SC who changed the oil in my mother's Contour and failed to replace the oil filler cap. She calls me in a panic when her car starts belching white smoke from under the hood while sitting in a bank drive-thru lane.
Regular oil is plenty good enough for 5K changes unless you are doing a lot of short trips. Synthetic is good for 12K or 12months easily, again unless lots of short trips and then 6/6 would be better.

yes, it's mostly city driving, some highway, but very little.

PS - but don't exceed warranty limits in any event with any of the oils.