Tauras Exhaust

Has anyone put dual exhaust on the 2002 Tauras 3.0? What size pipe and what kind of mufflers? I want a good sound!

Thanks! Bill

Reply to
Bill

What's a Tauras??

Reply to
Teknical

Sorry! I mean Taurus.

Reply to
Bill

Seriously doubt your going to get that "Good sound" from a 3.0 V-6 or any increase in performance. Save your money.

Reply to
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

Dude, its a Taurus. It will never be cool. No matter how much you spend..... I have a '96 I wish someone would steal for the insurance. It's still here... :-(

Reply to
Tiger
1.5" to 2" pipe to the cats then some Borla mufflers. Looking at about $1200 or so for the dual cats/pipe/mufflers/labor/parts. Plus your ECM will probably freak out due to the increased flow so you will need to program the computer for the new flow. Probably can be done for $500 if you can find someone that is able to flash the Taurus ECM.

You will probably gain some low-end performance, but high end will fall flat quickly. Your fuel mileage will drop drastically due to the new flow characteristics too.

Just get a SHO and be done with it.

Reply to
DE

try

message boards

Reply to
Petebert

You just don't appreciate your car...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Browse around here for a bit... & sign up...:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

There is nothing wrong with the Taurus. My Vulcan has enough power to blow away a Honda last week up a hill. It was a young kid at a stop light and it had them coffee can exhaust on it. He was revving up beside me making all kinds of racket and when the light turned green he got to see t his old man's tailights. Join the Taurus Club mentioned in the last post. Lots of info there. I'm a member myself and also crownvic.net.

Reply to
Bob

You forgot to mention anout the Easter basket handles on the trunk. You hit it right on there. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bill, I have a 89 SHO and I put on the Borla stainless setup when it was available. (I dont think it is anymore) It consisted of the larger center pipe from the flex coupling back and 2 mufflers. I also changed the Y pipe with one from the SHO SHOP. The Y pipe has mandrel bends and hi flow cats. The Y pipe was the big bottleneck in the system. The sound from this system is fairly quiet. You can hear a slight growl about 2k rpm. Probably quieter than what you are looking for. It did increase low end torque a bit. I also went to a 73mm mass air meter. Getting the exhaust out wont do much if you cant get the air in. For me this combination is just fine.

If your Y pipe is restrictive, you might want to look > You forgot to mention anout the Easter basket handles on the trunk. You

Reply to
Rich G