Taurus 2001 & Xenon lights

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to put xenon headlight on Ford Taurus

2001 SE and where can i buy it.

Thanks

Reply to
Esso

Wuzzzer

1) Can the housings handle any heat or other differences? 2) Are they DOT approved? If not, they are illegal to use on-road.
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Why would anyone want to install these xenon lights on their car unless they like to annoy the drivers they meet on the highway? In my opinion, they should be outlawed as dangerous.

Reply to
Desert Guy

I'm not sure if he means halogen lamps with some xenon gas added to allow them to burn slightly brighter with no additional power used or the high intensity discharge (HID) lamps that have a ballast and emit light by creating an electric arc in special gases inside the bulb. The typical HID system for automotive use creates much less heat than the incandescent halogen bulbs.

Likely not DOT approved. The lamp in his car was desighed for use with a filament bulb. The HID bulb needs the reflector to be designed for it because of the different shape of the light source.

John

Reply to
jriegle