Taurus 2002 Driverís Power Window Trouble

The driverís side window is inoperable. Depressing "Down" does activate the One Touch Window Down Relay. The motor works when power is applied directly. All relays (One Touch relay and Accessary Delay
Relay)check OK by Ohm Meter and by swapping. All other windows operate normally.
Any suggestions??
‚úĖ

Probably the switch, remember you must have a ground and positive, and the ground and positive switch places depending on if the window is going up or down.....most likely the switch because the others work and the motor works.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"" wrote:
> > > The driver's side window is inoperable. Depressing "Down" > does > > activate the One Touch Window Down Relay. The motor works > when power > > is applied directly. All relays (One Touch relay and > Accessary Delay > > Relay)check OK by Ohm Meter and by swapping. All other > windows > > operate normally. > > > > Any suggestions?? > > > > -- > > Probably the switch, remember you must have a ground and > positive, and the > ground and positive switch places depending on if the window > is going up or > down.....most likely the switch because the others work and > the motor works.
Thanks for your suggestions. I had checked the switch using an Ohm meter and I swapped the switch with one from a junk yard.
Some other items, that may not be related:
I get a code P1633, Keep Alive Power Voltage Too Low. This may have been a result of disconnecting the battery while I was troubleshooting for the window.
Also, the Driverís side mirror does not control Up/Down, just left to right.
Does anyone have a schematic for a 2002 Taurus??
Any more suggestions on troubleshooting??
‚úĖ
You have a meter. So probe the motor connector ref to ground.
If there's 12v on it, whichever way you actuate, then there's probably also 12 on the other lead, same thing.
Which would indicate ground isnt being switched into the circuit.
To prove, find the 12v supply lead into the assy and do the same test on the motor conn pins, you probably will see nothing on either pin when you push the switch. OR ViceVersa in case of positive not being switched in.
Then unfortunately you have to trace back. I suggest looking close at all harness and ground connections as well as the switch block. Is the mirror sw on the same sw block, for example.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"" wrote: > You have a meter. So probe the motor connector ref to ground. > > If there's 12v on it, whichever way you actuate, then there's > probably > also 12 on the other lead, same thing. > > Which would indicate ground isnt being switched into the > circuit. > > To prove, find the 12v supply lead into the assy and do the > same test on > the motor conn pins, you probably will see nothing on either > pin when you > push the switch. > OR ViceVersa in case of positive not being switched in. > > Then unfortunately you have to trace back. I suggest looking > close at > all harness and ground connections as well as the switch > block. Is the > mirror sw on the same sw block, for example. > > > > > > > Thanks for your suggestions. I had checked the switch using > an Ohm > > meter and I swapped the switch with one from a junk yard. > > > > Some other items, that may not be related: > > > > I get a code P1633, Keep Alive Power Voltage Too Low. This > may have > > been a result of disconnecting the battery while I was > troubleshooting > > for the window. > > > > Also, the Driverís side mirror does not control Up/Down, > just left to > > right. > > > > Does anyone have a schematic for a 2002 Taurus?? > > > > Any more suggestions on troubleshooting?? > >
Thanks Much
Does anyone have a schematic they can email me?? (2002 Taurus).
The Trouble Code did clear so that is not part of my peoblem.
‚úĖ
"wallcm" wrote: > Thanks Much > > Does anyone have a schematic they can email me?? (2002 > Taurus). > > The Trouble Code did clear so that is not part of my peoblem.
Found the problem!!! It was a solder joint that let go in the fuse panel in the foot well of the driverís seat. Specifically, the "shunt resistor" for the driverís side window circuit had a bad connection where it was s0oldered on the printed circuit board within the fuse panel. I had to totally remove the fuse panel and remove all the fuses, relays, and the GEM module than pry open the fuse compartment. The shunt resistor is located at the top of the circuit board and is orange. Resoldered and the window works fine.
Note: Most of the wiring/relays/etc from 2000 to at least 2002 appear to be similar. I used a 2001 schematic for troubleshooting.
Thanks to all those who helped.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ