Taurus 2002 SEL : changing from F to C on aircon ...

I had to disconnect my battery for an hour. The radio remembered all the stations, but the air con now displays interior and exterior temperature in
F ... rather than the C ... that I was using. It is not mentioned how to switch in the manual ... as far as I can see. Also playing with holding down various buttons has not helped.
Thanks !
-RS-
RS wrote:

If you have an electronic dash cluster, you should have a button where you can switch back and fourth between metric and standard readout. At least that is on my Lincoln and old T-birds, Crown Vics and Grand Marquis.
RTFM
I don't have the manual in front of me, but it explains clearly which combination of buttons to push simultaneously... from memory it's something like the Max Air button and maybe the Temp button?
-ivan-
RS wrote:

Press MAX A/C and F at the same time (until the display changes)
to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius.

Thanks,
I called my dealer and they said to try pressing the "2 buttons on the end" together. That did not work.
I have a Max A/C button , but no "F" button ???
-Ron-

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/ownerlit/default_retail.asp?year 02&vehCode=tau Go to page 44. The "F" is front defrost. SC Tom

says...

Hold down the MaxA/C and the Front-defrost buttons (far left and right of that row.)
I can e-mail you a .PDF copy of a 2000 manual if you want (it should be 99% the same.)
Thanks all ...
Yes it was the two "most outside buttons" ... the MAX A/C button and the Front Defrost ! That must be what the guy at the Ford dealership meant !
Thanks, I do have the manual. However Page 44, tho showing the panel and buttons in question ... does not mention switching between C and F.
-RS-

the
in
down

I noticed that the manual I downloaded from fleet.ford.com did not mention the buttons (might be the same as your printed copy), but the motorcraft site that someone else cited had more than one version of the manual available. You might download a newer one for reference.
I think it is great that Ford makes the pdf available, but it is annoying that they carry different sets in different places.
This motorcraft site seems to be the most fully laden. http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/ownerlit/default_retail.asp
The fleet site only has one copy of my 2005 owner guide, but it's newer than the latest from the Motorcraft site. D:20041215083259Z00'00' verses D:20050120122123-05'00' https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/results.asp
https://myford.fordvehicles.com is the only page someone is likely to find by stumbling around on the ford site. It has a "resource center" which had a copy of a "preliminary" owner guide a few months agao, but that was dropped about the time the other sites got the current version, and now "myford" says the OG is unavailable. "We are temporarily unable to provide the Owner Guide for this vehicle. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. "

When I included this link in my reply and told him to check p.44, I was referring to the 4th edition, that being the newest edition listed. And right there at the bottom of p.44 are the instructions for changing from C to F and back again. SC Tom

Before your posting, I had visited fleet.ford.com and downloaded the only version there, 1/30/2002. motorcraft 4th printing is 8/12/2002, where a search for "celsius" is informative.
I'll be cruising motorcraft.com from now on. The multiple locations and inconsistency in what is available from various ford sites is annoying. But at least they make the pdfs available. Honda doesn't seem to.
--
---
snipped-for-privacy@XReXXTauru.usenet.us.com wrote:

Should be a button marked E/M (English to Metric).