Last week I just became aware of the "buzz" on the net about 1~3 oz. of
acetone per 10 gal. of gas.
Because my Google searches did not show any documented damage from this
experiment (just lots of fears ... 2 mechanic friends I asked said they
wouldn't try it) ... anyway I decided to try it in my 2002 Taurus SEL
It didn't make intuitive sense to me that a 1/640 or 1/1280 dilution of
acetone would present much in the way of attacking the rubber and plastic
components ... I had not come across any posting by anybody saying that had
happened to them ...
Anyway, I have a running fuel log for the past few months for comparison
purposes. Based on my highway trip (approx. 400 km.) last weekend, running
on approx. 1 1/4 oz. acetone per 10 gal. gasoline, upon topping up my fuel
tank when I got back, I saw that I had achieved approx. 14% increase over
other typical highways trips I've documented.
Just wondered what others here think of my findings ... and the whole idea
in general ...