Taurus 2003 front hub cover missing question

I have a 2002 Taurus bought used last winter. This year I mounted winter rims and tires and noticed that there is no hub nut cover on the front hubs. Is this normal? The regular alloys rims have a central cover which normally keeps out some of the dirt. Anyone know of cheap generic steel wheel covers that will fit Taurus 16" rims bought from Canadian Tire?

Cheers, Bill

Reply to
garlandw

try the dealer... there should be a hub cap for fleet purposes

but also look at jcwhitney.com http://t> I have a 2002 Taurus bought used last winter. This year I mounted

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yep. The dealer confirmed that there is no cap over the nut. Strange. All cars I have owned had a cap - if memory serves. The rear hub nuts have caps on the 2002 Taurus. Now to hunt for cheap hub caps to fit

16" CT steel rims.

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
garlandw

Not on a front wheel drive. There is no need. The bearing is sealed in the hub. The big nut you see is what holds the axle into the hub. You just need a cheap 'wheel cover' for cosmetics I guess?....

Reply to
Shoe Salesman