Taurus

I have a 1994 Taurus 3.8 that is having the following problem.
After driving several miles, getting car up to top running temperature the transmission
will slip when I stop. It will catch and then run ok.
When cold the transmission is fine.
Could it be the filtering screen?
It has 166M miles and I don't want to put a lot of money in it.
A help appreciated.
Thanks.
DA