taurus 93 Gl 3.0L

my oil light has been flickering for awhile now. I've checked the oil level which is fine. It comes on after about twenty minutes of driving in local
traffic but only when I come to a stop. After I pull off it goes off. I did have the manifold gaskets replaced and the head gaskets replaced because it was leaking oil but it isn't leaking anything now. So am I looking at a expensive job and would cause my car to stall out like the fuel pump is going bad?
That's your oil PRESSURE light. It comes on when oil pressure drops to < 7 psi, so you'd better get it fixed before the engine self-destructs out on the highway.
wobble wrote:

Have the actual oil pressure checked with an accurate pressure guage. It is quite possible the oil switch is bad - but also possible bearings were damaged by antifreeze and you really DO have low oil pressure. Not sure on a Taurus, but many vehicles DO shut off the fuel pump when oil pressure is low (and run the fuel pump independently when cranking) Either actual low oil pressure OR a bad switch COULD cause the engine to stall if the taurus is set up this way.