TAURUS - AC Blower only works on HIGH? High or Off are only options for me...

Threaded View

    2002 ford taurus, AC now works only on the high position or
off, no more low or medium speeds blow.

Is this a Fuse or ?

Re: TAURUS - AC Blower only works on HIGH? High or Off are only options for me...

POSSIBLY your control switch, but likely it's your heater resister
block. Not sure if this is a dealer only item or not.

Re: TAURUS - AC Blower only works on HIGH? High or Off are only options for me...

Common on fords to burn the wires off at the resistor too - so may
need a new plug (likely no longer available from Ford - so a scrapyard
part)

Re: TAURUS - AC Blower only works on HIGH? High or Off are only options for me...

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:55:06 -0400, Pedro Sanchez IV

In addition to the things already mentioned, it could be the blower
motor itself.  I've had them with the brushes so worn that they only
speed where they got enough power thru the brushes  to fire up was
high speed.

Re: TAURUS - AC Blower only works on HIGH? High or Off are only options for me...

 Possible, but excedingly rare occurrence. You would generally get s
chatter, or it would start on bumps.

BIGGEST problem on Ford the last ten years has been wiring
connections. (at least on mine - it's 13 now and has had more
connector failures than any 2 other problems combined (vaccum leaks
and suspension have been the other 2 issues).

Re: TAURUS - AC Blower only works on HIGH? High or Off are only options for me...

I have a 2003 Taurus.   Here was my real problem: when the plastic
molding on the outside of the car at the bottom of the  windshield on
the passenger side would warp, rain water gets on the resistor block
and the heater motor.   If I remember right I replaced both  through
the glove box opening or from inside the car.   First the resistor
block, then a few weeks later the motor died.   I then had the Ford
dealer install their Ford retro fit kit that corrects the rain water
problem, it drains the water differently than the original molding did.

Site Timeline