Taurus Auto Climate Control

My '03 Taurus SEL has the electronic ATC. It is inferior in function to the '97 Sable I had peviously owned. I am aware that the Sable in 1997 had a
sensor on the dash for sun load, and the lack of the sun sensor on the 2003 would account for getting a face full of cool air on cold days when the sun in warm, but my question this time is not related to that.
When the outside temp is in the range of about 25 to 35, the electric cooling fans on the engine turn on and turn off very frequently. It is easily noticed when sitting at idle. I am not running the defroster, just normal heat.
That 1997 Sable never did this. This is disappointing since I selected the higher priced SEL just to get the ATC that worked so well on the 1997.
Does anybody know if this cooling fan behavior is to be expected, or id there a fixable defect??
John in Ohio

It's normal. It's the AC compressor running to dehumidify the air to prevent fogging of the windows.
my 97 sables does it. i have the LS, what happen you got Tarus, I want the newer bodystyle sable. Mercury to me seems to be more luxiurios than the Tarus model. I havent seen a new body style tarus yet with Chrome Rims, use too see the 96-99 model but not the 2000-04 models but i can find them on the sable.. my salble currently has 145k miles. tell me bout yours
jay smit
says...

the
2003