Taurus calls for p215/60-r16 but car has p225/60 r16 on it right now? what to do?

2002 ford taurus, it's got p225 60 R16 tires on it now and need to replace the front 2 tires only. Is if safe/proper to go ahead and replace the 2 front tires with the size that is on the car now?

I ask because Sears,PepBoys,FireStone and other online 'Tire Selectors', including specs, call for P215 60 R16

So what is the deal guys?

thanks

Reply to
Pedro Sanchez IV

If replacing only 2, put on what is on. Both work just fine - but should be same on all 4. Best is to replace all 4 at once, but I know financially that can be difficult in these times

Reply to
clare