Taurus check engine light:

Hi a buddy gave me his 2000 Taurus 3.0L to look at. It has 36,000 miles and the check engine light is on. I did pull one code, P1413 "manufacturer controls, auxillary emissions
control". How should I interpret this code, or is it a dealer software update?
Thanks in advance,
Bush
With 36,000 miles, your car should still be under warranty for emission related repairs.