Taurus check engine light:

Hi a buddy gave me his 2000 Taurus 3.0L to look at. It has 36,000 miles and the check engine light is on. I did pull one code, P1413 "manufacturer controls, auxillary emissions control". How should I interpret this code, or is it a dealer software update?

Thanks in advance,

Bush

Reply to
Bush

With 36,000 miles, your car should still be under warranty for emission related repairs.

Reply to
V.B. Mercon